You are not logged in.

#1 2005-01-30 10:48:39

swim

NVU ?

hay folks, Ive noticed that according to some forum posts phrakture used to carry the latest NVU package, but I guess no longer does. Has anyone seen this package available? If not... does anyone feel like making it available ? smile
thanks

swim

#2 2005-01-30 13:53:28

lucke

Re: NVU ?

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? … hlight=nvu
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? … hlight=nvu

Aren't those you're looking for? Or is it just too big problem for you to compile it yourself and you're looking for a precompiled package? :-)

Cheers,

lucke

#3 2005-01-30 14:37:40

STiAT

If you like i can provide a binary package then.

I've had bad experience with NVU, it was quite buggy and crashed often when i used it.

// STi

Ability is nothing without opportunity.

#4 2005-02-02 07:27:47

darkcoder

while I haven't used it extensively, haven't seen a crash in a long time (since V0.40 or 0.50).

#5 2005-02-02 15:38:05

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

STiAT wrote:

If you like i can provide a binary package then.

I've had bad experience with NVU, it was quite buggy and crashed often when i used it.

// STi

That's why I stopped keeping it around - too many forum PMs "Hey NVU did this, can you help?"

#6 2005-02-02 19:12:36

STiAT

Seems as if i'm not the only one who had problems with NVU in the past. They should think about re-sheduling their tasks and release points, or .. they should make quality ensurance.

What you wrote, phrakture, makes me believe i dont want to provide the package as well. It's not my intention to bring buggy programs to ARCH users.

// STi

#7 2005-02-02 19:21:07

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

STiAT wrote:

Seems as if i'm not the only one who had problems with NVU in the past. They should think about re-sheduling their tasks and release points, or .. they should make quality ensurance.

What you wrote, phrakture, makes me believe i dont want to provide the package as well. It's not my intention to bring buggy programs to ARCH users.

// STi

Yeah, well - don't get discouraged... the main reason I removed it was that I don't like to keep stuff in my repo I don't use... NVU was just too much for me... I'll use vim+firefox if I need...

#8 2005-02-02 19:39:03

STiAT

Don't worry, i won't. I'm providing alot of packages anyway, even though, i dont provide a repo, since i dont want to run in an open knife, providing packages which are in the official repos anyway, where a patch would also do its work.

If i just provide a download, and create a bugtracker entry, everyone will be happy, the ones who download my package - since they get it immediately, and the ones who can wait until ARCH developers released the package.

// STi

#9 2005-02-09 05:22:05

darkcoder

Anyway the latest word from Glazman on Nvu 0.80 is this:

Today, I am very happy to release Nvu 0.80, a major milestone, with experimental XHTML support, PHP and Comments editing support, line numbers in the source view and a set of features that slowly approaches what she had in mind. There's still a lot to do and, to paraphrase french egg heads, there's a vast field of possible improvements in front of us, but it starts looking like something we discussed together a bit less than five years ago. Nvu's feature set is now frozen until 1.0, meaning no totally new feature will be added. We'll increase stability and speed until 1.0final.

That's mean, now for the bug fixes.

Board footer