You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-24 14:36:35

yimm

Redirect an audio stream

Hello,
I have a little question that I found nothing. I use (for example) mupen64plus on my LCD TV with HDMI cable (video + audio).
But with jttl's audio plugin for mupen64plus, it's impossible to choose audio output (like hw 0:0, hw 1:0 ect...). So I think that it can be possible with an alsa plugin or something like this. I don't want to use audio server like jack, pulseaudio, esd etc...

Temporarily, I use an asoundrc file like this :

pcm.!default {
        type hw
        card 1
        device 3
}
ctl.!default {
        type hw
        card 1
        device 3
}

But it's not very practical because all audio stream are redirected on hdmi audio output...
Any ideas?
Thanks.

#2 2009-11-24 22:45:21

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Redirect an audio stream

Why don't you want to use an audio server? More complicated setups are possible with alsa, but quite a hassle (as you've found). I don't think its even possible to choose a certain output for a certain program from alsa, since that's the job of a sound server, oddly enough.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2009-11-25 11:21:03

yimm

ngoonee wrote:

Why don't you want to use an audio server?

I don't want to use an audio server because I don't need it, except for this software. So, it would be a heavy solution just for mupen64plus...

For example, with skype, I seen on the wiki, that there need a customize asoundrc (so it's possible to choose the output) , and to launch with "ALSA_OSS_PCM_DEVICE="skype" aoss skype" "
So I think there is a solution like this for an alsa software ?

#4 2009-11-26 01:05:38

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Yes, there probably is. I'm not sure exactly how to, though, part of the benefits of using an audio server is not having to configure .asoundrc to the moon and back... Try asking on IRC, I've seen some die-hards there who jump on any mention of audio servers and will propose good alsa-only solutions.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer