You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-27 02:27:55

JK3mp

Install works till NO boot medium!

Alright so this is about Chakra, posted in Chakra forums but figured i'd post here to might be more responsive.
Alright so i dled the LiveCD and tested image in Virtual Box, worked just fine.. So i burn it to a CD. Pop it in the drive and load up, Select English, etc. Then end up with screen

/procs/sys/dev/cdrom/info no such file or directory.
Couldn't find boot medium.
No "ls" command found so please use echo *

ramfs$_

Now i was thinking maybe bad burn but seems to be fine. Burned with no errors. And the ISO worked fine in Virtualbox. First time installing Chakra(which is basically Arch i assume) . Any help provided would be great i googled and found a few forum posts abou it but no solutions. Thanks ahead.

#2 2009-11-27 03:35:37

djszapi
Website

Re: Install works till NO boot medium!

Maybe you can follow this thread, and their suggestions, and you can ask here too:

http://chakra-project.org/bbs/viewtopic.php?pid=8862

Last edited by djszapi (2009-11-27 03:49:27)

#3 2009-11-27 17:27:12

JK3mp

Re: Install works till NO boot medium!

I've already followed that thread, mostly just other people with similiar problem leading to no solution except for the guy who used internal instead of external, which isn't my problem since im using internal cd drive built onto the laptop. LiveCD boots fine on Desktop PC.... i really don't understand this issue and why no one has come to a real solution or seems to know WHY it is caused.

Board footer