You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-30 03:30:21

hubble

Failure to mount a flash drive after updates?

Hey everyone,

I was able to mount flash drives (etc...) for the duration of my install, and sometime in the last week or so I've become unable to do so. Its gotta be because I updated something and I broke it, no idea what or when this happened because I havent tried mounting any media in a while. The flash drive works on other computers and i get this error message from thunar:

Rejected send message, 1 matched rules; type="method_call", sender=":1.17" (uid=1000 pid=3605 comm="exo-mount) interface="org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume" member="Mount" error name="(unset)" requested_reply=0 destination="org.freedesktop.Hal" (uid=0 pid=1108 comm="/usr/sbin/hald)).

Any idea what I could do to fix it?

Thanks for your time.

#2 2009-11-30 22:08:44

ruffedgz

Re: Failure to mount a flash drive after updates?

I see from an older post someone had something simular: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=325121

Suggestions:

* Make sure you are in the 'storage' group still.
* Do the command 'fdisk -l', does the device come up (mine comes up in the /dev/sdb disk and below my main Arch Linux setup)

Hope this helps!

Arch linux i686 | Dell XPS m1530 | Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz | 3 GB RAM | 250GB HDD

#3 2009-11-30 22:41:43

basov

Re: Failure to mount a flash drive after updates?

I think I had something similar

I fixed it by putting ck-launch-session in front of openbox-session in my .xinitrc

# /!bin/bash

exec xbindkeys &
exec tint2 &
exec ck-launch-session openbox-session

Probably not the most elegant solution, but it got my flash drive mounting again

Board footer