You are not logged in.

#1 2005-02-10 10:03:11

timmy
Website

Abiword + PDF

Hi everybody, I really want PDF support in abiword.
We where talking abit about on IRC yesterday, and it was suggested, I make a print to a file(PostScript) and used ps2pdf, to convert it, this is a fine solution, if it worked. No matter what i wrote the pdf file would only produce one blank page, with a vlack line in the middle.
So do you have any other ideas for PDF in abiword, i know there is a plugin,  but this is only available as rpm, or exe, not as source hmm
So do you have any good ideas ?

Thanks

Know your rights - http://rwxr-xr-x.dk

#2 2005-02-10 22:11:41

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: Abiword + PDF

timmy wrote:

i know there is a plugin,  but this is only available as rpm, or exe, not as source

You can try to use rpmunpack (extra repo) to get the files out of the rpm and to build a package

#3 2005-02-10 22:26:37

dp
Website

timmy wrote:

Hi everybody, I really want PDF support in abiword.
We where talking abit about on IRC yesterday, and it was suggested, I make a print to a file(PostScript) and used ps2pdf, to convert it, this is a fine solution, if it worked. No matter what i wrote the pdf file would only produce one blank page, with a vlack line in the middle.
So do you have any other ideas for PDF in abiword, i know there is a plugin,  but this is only available as rpm, or exe, not as source hmm
So do you have any good ideas ?

Thanks

any links to resources?

the ps2pdf way works fine ... your printing to file is not working correctly .... check the settings in abiword

there is even another way: there is a cups addon, that can set you a virtual printer that automagically transforms the input to this virtual printer into pdf's ... however, i forgot how this thing was called

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#4 2005-02-13 10:52:42

alexthelion

Let me suggest an easier way: compile Abiword with support for gnomeprint. The print command will then offer you a possibility to create a PDF file. The standard package is probably compiled without gnome support to keep the dependency chain smaller.

Here's a PKGBUILD which I think is up to date (my Abiword was built with it):

# $Id: PKGBUILD,v 1.29 2004/10/16 01:07:21 dorphell Exp $
# Maintainer: dorphell <dorphell@archlinux.org>
# Adapted by: Alexander Hunziker <alex.hunziker@rega-sense.ch>
pkgname=abiword
pkgver=2.2.3
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="A fully-featured word processor"
url="http://www.abisource.com"
depends=('x-server' 'fribidi' 'libglade' 'popt' 'enchant')
source=(http://puzzle.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/abiword/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.bz2)
md5sums=('5168cbd8cc964a285a7d73b54d34f421')

build() {
  cd $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver/abi
  ./configure  --prefix=/usr --with-libxml2 --enable-gnome
  make || return 1
  make prefix=$startdir/pkg/usr install

cd $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver/abiword-plugins
  ./configure --prefix=$startdir/pkg/usr --disable-all --with-bz2abw --with-bmp --with-jpeg --with-librsvg --with-wmf --with-html --with-kword --with-OpenWriter --with-wordperfect --with-xhtml --with-gdict --with-google --with-babelfish --with-aiksaurus
  make || return 1
  make prefix=$startdir/pkg/usr install

cd $startdir/pkg/usr/bin
  ln -sf AbiWord-2.2 abiword
}

#5 2005-02-14 23:20:43

timmy
Website

hey guys thanks alot, i used the PKGBUILD from alexthelion, and cups-pdf from tur.

alexthelion >> Thanks alot man you saved my day.

dp >> You are not quite right, the .ps file from abiword was perfect, but I found out ps2pdf gave the bad thing, but it worked with ps2pdf13 and ps2pdf14, but the result was a bit crappy, and it had a problem with danish special characters especially å.

But not it works!

Know your rights - http://rwxr-xr-x.dk

#6 2005-02-17 08:28:24

alexthelion

timmy wrote:

alexthelion >> Thanks alot man you saved my day.

Sure, I'm glad to help...

Board footer