You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-29 11:57:49

koliasforever

cmos clock broken fsck

Hi. My cmos clock is not working. I am sure that it is not working. At the boot i come with an error that says: last mount is on the future or something like that. In order to skip this i have to access bios every time and change the clock date. What else can i do to skip this fsck? i can't replace the clock

#2 2009-11-29 12:00:05

Ramses de Norre

Re: cmos clock broken fsck

koliasforever wrote:

Hi. My cmos clock is not working. I am sure that it is not working. At the boot i come with an error that says: last mount is on the future or something like that. In order to skip this i have to access bios every time and change the clock date. What else can i do to skip this fsck? i can't replace the clock

mount -o remount /

I get this error from time to time and remounting so that the mount time gets set correctly fixes it.

#3 2009-11-29 21:19:36

R00KIE
Forum Fellow

koliasforever wrote:

Maybe you should replace the battery that helps keep your bios settings and the time. If this happens a lot the most probable cause is a dead battery (the flat, round and shinny thing that should be somewhere inside your pc tongue , check the board manual you can find it easily)

R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K

#4 2009-12-04 12:01:49

koliasforever

I change to fedora for the moment and  i have no problem with fsck. when i fix the clock i will return to arch linux again. thank you very much

#5 2009-12-04 12:56:41

polymetr

Try add in /etc/e2fsck.conf

[options]
buggy_init_scripts = true

Read about this option in man e2fsck.conf

Board footer