You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-04 23:02:30

Armoletti

RSS synchronizing

Hello I have multiple email account (Gmails and MS Exchange) and multiple rss sources.
I also have a Linux server, Windows desktop computer and linux laptop.

I currently have two Thunderbirds (for email and rss), one for my laptop and one for my desktop.

The problem is synchronizing my email and especially rss feeds. Currently if I check an email or a rss in my laptop, when I start my desktop it shows it as unread and I have my emails saved in both computers and in email boxes.

Now I am asking some hints how can I synchronize my two clients? I have been  thinking could I somehow get my Linux server to collect my rss feeds and my email, and then my client computers would fetch them from there?

#2 2009-12-05 00:12:09

mikesd
Website

Re: RSS synchronizing

For RSS, Google Reader or maybe Voracious would be worth looking at.

With regards to mail there are 1001 ways to go. You could forward all your mail to a gmail account, this is what I currently do, or look at downloading all your mail to your own machne using fetchmail, getmail, offlineimap, etc. Then access it via imap or web interface. There have been a few threads about mail, one fairly recently that will give you ideas. A search will turn up more.

#3 2009-12-05 10:32:04

shock

Re: RSS synchronizing

Why don't you try online RSS readers ? For me Google Reader works just fine.

Board footer