CPUnltd
Website

Yet another ATI question...

ok, long story short (in bullet points)

- Acer Aspire 5536
- archlinux 64 bit
- Catalyst 9.10
- x server 1.7 (net install)

how do I revert my x server so I can use catalyst 9.10 (not sure what the improvements are on 9.11, so don't really care to touch it just yet) or get 9.10 to work with 1.7?  after install, any attempt at starting X (no matter what DE I choose) leaves me with a blank screen and absolutely nothing to do...  This is my only hurdle as far as possibly adopting archlinux as a primary or secondary linux choice.  I only currently have one other "distro" that I choose to work with and would like to add this to my list (which will never be more than 3 long)... thanks in advance to all who reply.

also, for the record, I searched for as long as I could stand to find the info I needed and was unsuccessful.  i'm sure the answer probably lies in one of the 15+ page threads I have seen around here... but time (and lack of super speed reading abilities) does not permit me to check ever page just yet.  So links to posts are welcome as well as direct answers.  Thanks!

Help grow the dev population... have your tech trained and certified!

#2 2009-12-06 01:28:35

doorknob60

Re: Yet another ATI question...

Click the link in my siggy, that should work. Also, after you get things working I'd advise to use Catalyst 9.11, I have no problems with it, seems slightly better than 9.10, though not too different.

#3 2009-12-06 08:26:40

CPUnltd
Website

Re: Yet another ATI question...

ok, followed the guide, but I have no keyboard or mouse when X starts (the only DE I can seem to get running is XFCE at the moment) and I have reinstalled more than a few times.  installed the keyboard, mouse, synaptics, and evdev packages, and still no input... just a little lost and frustrated at the moment.  Thanks in advance

Help grow the dev population... have your tech trained and certified!

Board footer