You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-18 01:09:38

inXistant
Website

evtouch, touchkit and flipping on HP tx1420ca

Hi all,

I'm new to Arch... Before I start, note that tx1420ca is the same as txXXXXxx i.e. from the tx1000z series.

I was wondering, anybody has any luck in installing TouchKit or evtouch on a laptop? It seems that both clash with the current Xorg-server version... Any suggestion to remedy to that?

Another problem I have is when I flip the screen to turn my laptop into a tablet, the buttons on the tablet side cease to work. I initially tougth it was because acpid assumed that the lid was closed but it is not the case. Any c(l)ues?

Aside from that, everything work OK.

Thanks!

X

Nothing is sacred

#2 2008-04-19 19:30:37

inXistant
Website

Re: evtouch, touchkit and flipping on HP tx1420ca

Nevermind the touchscreen issue. I found how to install the driver but it seems that I can't calibrate the screen correctly. I'll get around that. BUT:

Still, I have problems with my buttons. So again, when I flip the screen to put the laptop into tablet, all my buttons dies. Xev do not show any input anymore. When I am in laptop, it does show inputs. Any ideas?

Anyone?

Nothing is sacred

#3 2008-09-30 19:30:05

zouzou85

hi inXistant,
How did you install the touchscreen driver on arch? are you using evtouch, or touchkit?

did you get around the buttons problem?
i have tx1410us which is the same as yours but for the US.

Thanx in advance

It's nice to be in a peaceful place like this. smile

#4 2009-12-08 23:16:28

scotbrady

Hi,
I have the original HP TX1000z.  The EETI touchkit egalax driver does not appear to support the current X version in Arch.  I am using the xf86-input-evtouch driver from AUR; it seems to work fine with the egalax touchscreen found in my model.  X did not require any further configuration, and evtouch installs a calibration utility.

Board footer