You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-12 19:24:17

chrsprkr3

KDE: Konqueror with man pages - also Firefox/Shiretoko styles

Greetings!

I've only recently started using Arch.  Two weeks ago I installed, and so far all is going well, and I have to say that I'm very impressed with both the quality of this distribution and the thoroughness of the Wiki.

I've encountered two minor annoyances that I simply can't figure out, and can't find in the Wiki...

1) I like using Konqueror for man pages when I have a GUI because they are somewhat easier to read.  Anyway, Konqueror displays them, but it's as if I haven't gotten the character set correct or something.  What happens is that some of the formatting code comes through as text.  For example, I'm looking at the smb.conf man page in another window right now, and the first several lines of text look like the following:
SMB.CONF
Section: File Formats and Conventions (5)

\
." make the size of the head bigger 

\
\  ." make the size of the head bigger  \

2) I'm using Firefox installed straight from the repository.  I next installed and used lxappearance appearance to change the style to the QTCurve style as suggested in the KDE Wiki page.  This works great, and Firefox looks more like a native KDE application right up until I log off.  When I log in, Firefox is back to looking like a foreign application again, and I have to run lxappearance again.  It only takes a few seconds, so it's an annoyance at worst, but it is somewhat annoying.  I have not tried switch2 or gtk-chtheme, perhaps I should?

I can't believe I'm the first one to have these problems - but I've been searching and reading the Wiki as well as the general internet and haven't lucked onto anything for either problem.  I would really appreciate a link or hint pointing me in the proper direction for either or both of these problems.

Thanks for any tips or links!
Chris

Last edited by chrsprkr3 (2009-12-12 19:26:45)

Board footer