You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-13 18:02:14

lagagnon
Website

Unable to mount devices as user with pcmanfm [Solved]

Running fluxbox with pcmanfm. Unable to mount pen drives or CDROM drive as a normal user with pcmanfm (works fine as root). Throws an error uable to mount with HAL gibberish. I have added myself to the HAL group and have installed "pmount" to no avail. Any ideas greatly appreciated....

my fstab (for what its worth):

/dev/cdrom             /media/cd   auto    ro,user,noauto,unhide   0      0
/dev/dvd               /media/dvd  auto    ro,user,noauto,unhide   0      0
#/dev/fd0               /media/fl   auto    user,noauto             0      0

/dev/sda1 / ext4 defaults 0 1
/dev/sda2 /boot ext4 defaults 0 1
/dev/sda3 swap swap defaults 0 0
/dev/sda5 /home ext4 defaults 0 1

My groups: lp wheel hal video audio optical storage power users larry

Last edited by lagagnon (2009-12-14 00:04:36)

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#2 2009-12-13 18:15:57

bgc1954

Re: Unable to mount devices as user with pcmanfm [Solved]

First thing to try is always a forum search.  There are lots of ideas if you search "hal mount".  Another good place to look is the hal wiki: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/HAL

That should point you in the right direction but if you've tried all that don't hesitate to ask again. smile

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

#3 2009-12-13 21:02:17

Surgat_

If you are starting fluxbox from .xinitrc (or slim), you should add ck-launch-session right after the exec line in .xinitrc. For example, mine for lxde is "exec ck-launch-session startlxde".

#4 2009-12-14 00:04:17

lagagnon
Website

Surgat_ wrote:

If you are starting fluxbox from .xinitrc (or slim), you should add ck-launch-session right after the exec line in .xinitrc.

Excellent thank you both for the hints. The above does the trick but the HAL info at the wiki is great also and mentions the ck-launch...

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

Board footer