You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-01 20:40:35

cautha
Website

Transmission-gtk: "Open Folder" opens Gwenview instead of... (Solved)

This might be a silly question.

I'm running KDEmod. I recently switched from vuze to transmission-gtk, and when I click on "Open Folder" in the context menu of a torrent, the folder opens in Gwenview instead of Dolphin. There's nothing in Preferences about pointing to a file manager, so I'm stumped.

Last edited by cautha (2009-12-14 01:48:02)

#2 2009-12-13 21:24:33

QuimaxW
Website

Re: Transmission-gtk: "Open Folder" opens Gwenview instead of... (Solved)

Have you been able to find a solution for this? Using XFCE, but Gwenview seems to have stolen "Open Folder" stuff and I'm not exactly sure how to fix it...

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

#3 2009-12-13 21:43:52

cautha
Website

Nothing. What's odd is, I tried Transmission on my laptop--KDEmod again, essentially the same setup--and "Open Folder" worked fine. Does anyone know what's going on? Transmission is one of the few GTK apps I can't live without (another is Qalculate, since the KDE version was done in Qt3).

#4 2009-12-13 22:38:44

QuimaxW
Website

What does Firefox open when you open a download's folder from the download window?

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." -Jim Elliot

#5 2009-12-13 22:45:10

QuimaxW
Website

Check out this link:

http://forum.mandriva.com/viewtopic.php?t=119723

For me, in XFCE, I use Thunar. However, basically edit ~/.local/share/applications/defaults.list and add to the end (with a blank line afterwards)

[Default Applications]
x-directory/normal=Thunar.desktop

To open with Dolphin:

[Default Applications]
x-directory/normal=kde4-dolphin.desktop;kde4-kfmclient_dir.desktop;

#6 2009-12-14 01:30:47

cautha
Website

To answer your question, I get a "Launch Application" window allowing me to choose which application with which to open it, and giving me the option to have my choice be remembered by the system.

However, your solution worked big_smile

Now I just have to figure out how to get Firefox to handle file links properly without bringing up the annoying window--or decide whether or not to make the effort.

EDIT: Scratch that . . . it just took some playing around in Preferences. Now, no more annoying dialogue box smile

Last edited by cautha (2009-12-14 01:46:40)

Board footer