You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-13 21:00:39

JMS

Chakra: Live CD works, Installation Doesn't

I've installed Arch (via Chakra) many times on laptops and in virtual machines, but just today I tried installing it on my main desktop PC and it makes the HDD unbootable.  I tried the Live CD of Chakra to make sure my hardware worked, but after I actually installed it, I can't boot into my system.  I am not a total noob when it comes to Linux, but I've never had this issue before.  Instead of being shown the GRUB menu I just get a message like "No bootable device was found, instert a bootable media and press enter".  Can anyone help me out?

#2 2009-12-13 23:03:03

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: Chakra: Live CD works, Installation Doesn't

You should ask the Chakra people - their forum is here. They also have an IRC channel and a mailing list.

#3 2009-12-14 07:20:12

Deuterium

Re: Chakra: Live CD works, Installation Doesn't

ive had that error message before, and its trying to tell you it cant find anything to boot up.  ie.  maybe your installation wasnt completed, or GRUB is looking for the kernel on a wrong partition (that it previously booted to, but you have since removed/repartitioned).  what did you try doing when you were trying to install arch? did you reformat/repartition the HDD?

Board footer