You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-14 17:39:16

elkhunter

always fails with "failed to import current network settings..."

Hi all,

I'm trying to install (x64) arch on an encrypted partition following the guide at:

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Sys … r_dm-crypt

I'm inside a corporate firewall so before I launch /arch/setup I'm running:

export http_proxy="http://my.proxy.ip:port"
export ftp_proxy="http://my.proxy.ip:port"

then within the installer I configure eth0 for DHCP.  This all works fine and the packages are fetched correctly during installation.  However whenever I try to "configure system" it always reports:

Automactic network settings propagation failed. 
   Failed to import current network settings into target system

Any suggestions on how to get around this error?  I've tried rebooting and re-running the setup several times but I always get this error.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by elkhunter (2009-12-14 17:46:56)

#2 2010-01-25 06:51:43

ghxin

Re: always fails with "failed to import current network settings..."

Hi. I had the same problem for the last few days. I just figured out that it seemed that something went wrong (didn't complete) in the 'Install Packages' step. Rerun this step immediately after the error and the install could continue normally.

Update:
I just realized that doing the above will NOT for sure solve the problem, but it's something to try. Anyway, you should see a lot of:

Installing a ...
Installing b ...
Parsing hook [...]
Parsing hook [...]

after the packages you select finish downloading. When the error in this post happens, I'm guessing you don't see these.

Last edited by ghxin (2010-01-25 07:20:29)

#3 2010-06-14 00:55:47

karljs

Similar to ghxin, I've seen this error when one of the selected packages fails to be downloaded.  Try a different mirror, maybe.  That worked for me.

#4 2010-06-17 03:08:35

OrangeRoot1000
Website

I am having the same issue with copying over working network settings from the chroot install to the new /mnt point. AND the whole module is also failing in that all config files are empty and the root passwd wont setup.

This is also on 64 bit. There have been zero issues up til this point, so the Install pkgs module worked with ZERO errors.

Even with zero errors I reran the install packages portion and can now continue.

solved

Last edited by OrangeRoot1000 (2010-06-17 03:27:34)

#5 2011-07-12 11:55:43

manuva

ghxin wrote:

Hi. I had the same problem for the last few days. I just figured out that it seemed that something went wrong (didn't complete) in the 'Install Packages' step. Rerun this step immediately after the error and the install could continue normally.

Update:
I just realized that doing the above will NOT for sure solve the problem, but it's something to try. Anyway, you should see a lot of:

Installing a ...
Installing b ...
Parsing hook [...]
Parsing hook [...]

after the packages you select finish downloading. When the error in this post happens, I'm guessing you don't see these.

Correct, I read somewhere else that the packages not installing correctly (ie at all) is having the arch kernel already installed in /boot, although not the best solution, during the install I reformated my /boot partition and it fixed my error of none of the packages installing correctly.  However if you do get the "failed to import network settings" and some of the packages have already been installed, try redownloading the packages again, and try a different mirror.

#6 2011-07-14 12:17:45

Mr.Elendig
#archlinux@freenode channel op

Please don't necrobump an already necrobumped old thread. I doubt the OP or the one necrobumping still has this problem..........
file.php?id=19101&t=1

Last edited by Mr.Elendig (2011-07-14 12:18:27)

Evil #archlinux@libera.chat channel op and general support dude.
. files on github, Screenshots, Random pics and the rest

Board footer