You are not logged in.

#1 2005-02-12 18:24:35

skoal
Website

XMMS Amp Presets don't work...

My XMMS presets don't work anymore and I can't figure out why.

I have the "eq.preset" file in my ~.xmms path as before.  I'm using "emu10k1" driver, and my "/etc/asound.state" is the exact same one I used before re-installing my system.

I am completely uptodate on all my packages as well.  Whether I run as root or user doesn't effect it either.  I've even tried both the "OSS" and "Alsa" plugins to no avail.

Anybody having problems getting their XMMS presets to do anything?

I can set my all of my Amp settings to -20dB and it still does nothing.  Absolutely nothing.

I'm at a loss here...It's gotta be something obvious I'm missing.

#2 2005-02-12 18:45:55

skoal
Website

Re: XMMS Amp Presets don't work...

Well, I partially figured it out.  It must be a bug in XMMS.  I fixed it by turning off (disabling) certain I/O plugins.  The problem is that I can't figure out which I/O plugin is causing the problem.  It seems random.  It seems if you "disable" all the I/O plugins then turn them back on, you will get conrtrol of your presets back.

Strange.  I saw no mention of that bug on their website.  I'll check their archives and file a bug report with them if I don't see it.

#3 2005-02-12 23:28:28

iphitus
Forum Fellow

try beep-media-player, its in pacman as 'bmp'

it might not have the bug.

#4 2005-02-13 22:53:28

skoal
Website

iphitus wrote:

try beep-media-player, its in pacman as 'bmp'

Thanks for the suggestion.  In fact, that's exactly what I did after this torture with XMMS.  I had to use my own custom BMP ABS build though.  The Amp doesn't use the same passive filter as in XMMS, so it sounds quite muted to say the least.

For those interested, I believe you pass the "--with-xmms-eq" switch to configure in the PKGBUILD to enable it.  BMP sounds great, looks better in GTK2, and I have no problem with my presets either.

Board footer