You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-19 00:30:59

lpjhjdh

Broken ocaml packages in abs

I've noticed a bunch of the ocaml packages we have don't update ld.conf and don't tell the user to update it by hand.  Furthermore, there are several major packages that don't supply META files for use by ocamlfind.  I found the required META files in some rpms.  Is there a reason the packages are so broken with ocamlfind?

#2 2009-12-19 01:01:18

tomk
Forum Fellow

Re: Broken ocaml packages in abs

The only ocaml package in the official repos is ocaml, so I guess you're referring to AUR packages?

If that's true, you could start by adopting the ocaml orphans (nine of them, afaics) and fixing them to meet your needs. Next, get on the aur-general ML and propose your preferred packaging solution so that other ocaml package maintainers can comment. And finally, create a new wiki page called 'Arch OCAML packaging guidelines' or somthing like that, where you set out the definitive template for Arch ocaml packages.

#3 2009-12-19 01:20:32

lpjhjdh

I'd be happy to do so.  One of the packages I have in mind is gmetadom which installs ocaml bindings but doesn't do anything to ld.conf and doesn't include a META file which is in the official repos.  Who should be contacted about these sorts of things that have bindings "on the side"?

Thanks.

#4 2009-12-19 09:19:57

tomk
Forum Fellow

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you think the ocaml package in the extra repo needs to be changed to accommodate your requirements, post a feature request, ideally with a patch attached. For any ocaml packages in the AUR, post an AUR comment or raise the issue on aur-general.

Board footer