You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-19 12:57:06

nebri

System Clock Incorrect between OS's

Hey Guys,

Currently I'm running a dual-boot system between Arch Linux and Win7, everything is working great except for the time problem.

Each time I switch the os's, the hardware clock comes back up either 6 hours ahead (win7) or 6 hours behind (Arch). I've got it set up in both OS's to sync up with the time servers. Once the time servers sync, the time is correct and current.

In both win7 and Arch it is set up for UTC -5 with America/Toronto Time zone settings (eastern) any ideas on how I can get this issue resolved?

Not sure what files to provide either, let me know whats needed from my configs.

#2 2009-12-19 13:03:39

mikesd
Website

Re: System Clock Incorrect between OS's

Check /etc/rc.conf for the HARDWARECLOCK setting:

$ grep HARDWARECLOCK /etc/rc.conf 
# HARDWARECLOCK: set to "UTC" or "localtime"
HARDWARECLOCK="UTC"

You will want to use localtime as the setting.

#3 2009-12-19 13:31:02

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: System Clock Incorrect between OS's

Windows 7 allows UTC now? WinXP and Vista had to have reg hacks to have 'buggy' support...

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer