You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-20 07:19:26

foxwyp

Audio problem of Skype

Hi,
   I have audio problem of Skype. If I start skype first then other programs like smplayer works without sound . If I start smplayer which is working properly then Skype won't sound. I guess it is related to the pulseaudio. Can you gieve me  some hints? Thanks.

Last edited by foxwyp (2009-12-20 07:21:10)

#2 2009-12-20 23:13:55

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: Audio problem of Skype

You have not told us what you have installed on your system. You mention pulseaudio but it sounds like a guess based on reading ubuntuforums. Unless you have SPECIFICALLY installed pulseaudio, you are not using it (which also explains your problems).

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2009-12-22 00:36:03

foxwyp

ngoonee wrote:

You have not told us what you have installed on your system. You mention pulseaudio but it sounds like a guess based on reading ubuntuforums. Unless you have SPECIFICALLY installed pulseaudio, you are not using it (which also explains your problems).

Can you suggest what extra info I should provide to debug? I am not quite familiar to deal with this kind of problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#4 2009-12-22 05:23:18

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Firstly, this isn't (at this stage) debugging, as you haven't even identified what app is responsible. Do you have pulseaudio installed? Do you run alsa or oss/ossv4? Is your system fully updated?

Please search the wiki. And the internet (google is your friend). If you don't know how to do that, using Arch is gonna be tough.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

Board footer