You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-20 15:12:29

jozef00

[SOLVED]Not the whole rss feed in Thunderbird 3

Hi,

I got a few RSS - feeds in Thunderbird. When I opened a RSS - feed in Thunderbird 2 I got the whole article from the RSS - feed. But with Thunderbird 3 I got a summary in plain text instead of in HTML. I have looked by the options, but I coulnd't find the solution. I already tried with a new config, but it doesn't help. The strange thing is that the feeds that I downloaded with Thunderbird 2 are the full article in HTML.
Could someone help me?

With kind regards,

Jozef00

Last edited by jozef00 (2010-01-25 09:29:26)

#2 2009-12-21 15:56:59

munkyeetr

Re: [SOLVED]Not the whole rss feed in Thunderbird 3

hey jozef00,

I have never used thunderbird to handle for rss feeds (I just use firefox), but figured I'd try it out to see if I got the same results as you with Thunderbird3...and I did at first.

You would think that the 2 options in the Account editor would sort that out; the ones I am talking about:

Checkbox (unchecked) - By default, show the article summary instead of loading the web page.
Checkbox (unchecked) - Show article summary instead of loading the web page.

I would have thought that those would be sufficient, but I still only received summaries.

What fixed it for me, was selecting View -> Feed message body -> As web page

Then it started downloading entire articles.

Hope this helps,
Munky

If the advice you're given in this forum solves your issue, please mark the post as [SOLVED] in consideration to others.

"More than any time in history mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness, the other to total extinction.
Let us pray that we have the wisdom to choose correctly." -- Woody Allen

#3 2009-12-22 10:14:46

jozef00

Re: [SOLVED]Not the whole rss feed in Thunderbird 3

Hi Munky,

Thanks for your reply. It was hard looking for the last option to set, but it works now.
Thank you very much!

With kind regards,

Jozef00

Board footer