You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-23 06:54:56

dharmaBum

[SOLVED] phpMyAdmin headaches

I've tried using pacman -S phpmyadmin php-mcrypt (as detailed in the wiki) and simply downloading from phpmyadmin.net.

Using pacman, the wiki is either out of date or my system is borked.  The wiki talks about "/etc/webapps" which doesn't exist, and other sources have stated that "/usr/share/webapps" could house some important files but that doesn't exist either.  What's the deal with the wiki on this?

Still, this was dealing with the "config.ini.php" file, which I have copied and recopied and changed and updated and reverted and everything I can think of to get things working, but no dice.

Either way (regardless of install process), the error is always:

Fatal error: session_start(): Failed to initialize storage module: files (path: ) in /srv/http/htdocs/phpMyAdmin-3.2.4-english/libraries/session.inc.php on line 75

Apparently I'm the only person on the internet to ever have this error.  I've searched high and low for a solution, but the closest I've found was something about "session.save_handler" being set to "files" would always fix this; but in my php.ini file this configuration is set to "files" anyway.

[SOLVED]

Feel rather stupid about it, but the /tmp partition needed to be writable and pHp needed to know to write there.  Check the (commented out) line "session.save_path" in the /ect/php/php.ini file and uncomment it, and have it point to a world-writable directory (/tmp in most cases)

Last edited by dharmaBum (2009-12-23 08:39:09)

Board footer