You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-24 07:53:08

TemplarGR

Ath5k problems using 2.6.32.2 from testing

I have an Acer aspire one AOA150x netbook which uses an Atheros wireless chip, and since upgrading to kernel 2.6.32.2 i am having a problem with wireless connections. The problem is that after a short time after connecting to my router, the connection will get "stuck", which basically means that the connection will appear still on but there will be no traffic of packets, even my router's web interface will become unreachable. Since i am using knetworkmanager, the solution to this is to simply click on my wireless connection to re-connect. Then it works again, for a few minutes until the same happens... Obviously and since i want to use my netbook as a power friendly torrenting machine, this solution doesn't satisfy me.

I still haven't done a serious troubleshooting with it, and i cannot tell if it is a network manager problem or a driver problem, but i am using networkmanager with my desktop and it works like a charm, so the problem is propably with the driver. I do not recall having this problem with 2.6.31.6 kernel. But i do recall that this is not the first time i have encountered it, i was having this problem even on windows 7, ubuntu... In Fedora i did not encounter it and i didn' have this problem on windows xp either.

Does anyone know how to correct this problem, or what causes it?

#2 2009-12-24 07:56:21

mechmg93

Re: Ath5k problems using 2.6.32.2 from testing

we are already discussing all the latest kernel/wifi issues in this thread.

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=81930

until now, the only solution for me is an older kernel(2.6.30.6).

Mikes on AUR

Board footer