You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-12 13:22:42

ljshap

[SOLVED] tuxguitar - pluggin configure and info buttons not working

When I go to the tuxguitar tools and plugin window, both the configure and info buttons freeze for a few seconds and then quit without doing anything; therefore I cannot select the fluidsynth output plugin to show up in sound settings.  Neither the configure or info button work for any of the plugins shown and is not specific to fluidsynth.

I'm using oss and had everything working until a month or two ago.   It was at the same time I had a problem with solfege, which I was able to solve by installing from ABS and taking out some of the dependencies in the PKGBUILD.

I was just wondering if anybody else was having the same problem.
I know there have been other issues with tuxguitar and solfege but this seems to be a tuxguitar issue separate from the sound system issues.  I suspect it has something to do with java but I'm probably wrong.

Last edited by ljshap (2009-12-25 13:28:20)

Live Free or Die !

#2 2009-12-25 01:08:02

ljshap

Re: [SOLVED] tuxguitar - pluggin configure and info buttons not working

Ulukai alread posted this link on the Arch forumns but I'm posting it again in case anybody with the same problem missed it.
I did do my homework but missed it until I did a search on swt.  There is a 32bit version of swt 3.6 but the user has to compile it for 64 bit systems.  At least tuxguitar works on my Arch -32 bit system.

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=82718

Thanks to Ulukai and to Julian at Tuxguitar!

Live Free or Die !

Board footer