You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-25 19:10:19

ctarwater

Devilspie - keep window stickied / unmovable?

I'm still new to devilspie and I'm trying to get it so that when my daughter opens tuxpaint it opens fullscreen (done) and cannot be dragged around the desktop.  It opens fullscreen and she gets rather enthusiastic painting and sometimes drags the window around the desktop. 

I've tried pin and stick but neither did what I'm looking for.  Can devilspie even do what I need here?

#2 2009-12-27 11:44:59

ancide

Re: Devilspie - keep window stickied / unmovable?

ctarwater wrote:

I'm still new to devilspie and I'm trying to get it so that when my daughter opens tuxpaint it opens fullscreen (done) and cannot be dragged around the desktop.  It opens fullscreen and she gets rather enthusiastic painting and sometimes drags the window around the desktop. 

I've tried pin and stick but neither did what I'm looking for.  Can devilspie even do what I need here?

It should be doable. Can you post what the devilspie config for that window looks like?

#3 2009-12-27 12:14:31

ctarwater

right now tuxpaint doesn't use a devilspie config because it defaults to opening fullscreen.

#4 2009-12-27 13:32:37

ancide

ctarwater wrote:

right now tuxpaint doesn't use a devilspie config because it defaults to opening fullscreen.

Alright. Then you could try to use this devilspie config:

(if
        (matches (window_name) "Desktop")
                (begin
                (stick)
                (fullscreen)
        )
)

It should put the application in fullscreen and then stick it to one place.

edit: obviously "Desktop" should be the name of your application.

Last edited by ancide (2009-12-27 13:34:07)

Board footer