You are not logged in.

#1 2009-08-06 17:54:41

GalacticArachnid
Website

WALTOP Tablet stylus buttons

The topic says it all xD

Ive installed the wacom drivers for my tablet (Medion re-brand of the WALTOP's Slim: http://www.waltop.com.tw/productDetail.asp?id=21), as the arch wiki tutorial instructed, and almost everything works. Great!

...Except my system cant seem to distinguish between the two buttons on then stylus itself (side buttons, pressure works file).

So, heres what I have tried thus far (an extract from my .fdi hal policy configuration for the tablet):

/etc/hal/fdi/policy/10-tablet.fdi

<match key="info.product" contains="WALTOP">
       <merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">wacom</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.Type" type="string">stylus</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.Button2" type="string">3</merge>
       <merge key="input.x11_options.Button3" type="string">2</merge>
     </match>

I've tried this in numerous re-iterations, with various buttons but all that seem to be configurable are 1 & 2 - i.e. the stylus tip, and both side buttons simultaniously; so the two can either be left or right click both. Is there any way to seperate them, and have one as the right button, the other as middle?

Oh, and would this by any chance be linked to the fact that there is not 'wacom' device listed in /dev/input (when its plugged in and working)? - I cant seem to use the driver's utils, maybe I need to run that re-naming script mentioned in the wiki? - though it didnt seem relevant to my setup at the time xD

#2 2009-08-09 11:08:08

GalacticArachnid
Website

Re: WALTOP Tablet stylus buttons

Well, I think I may be on to something...

How do I configure properties for a usb mouse vi hal? - I think there may be templates on the system, but I forgot where..

Well, time for file hunting!

#3 2009-12-29 05:56:37

andrewjames
Website

Re: WALTOP Tablet stylus buttons

I am at the same problem as you.

If anyone wants help to conform their tablet, a WALTOP International Corp. Slim Tablet, send a message.

If anyone knows how to conform all the buttons uniquely, post the details.

andrew james

Board footer