You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-31 17:45:22

lagagnon
Website

Strange behaviour in Chromium browser with PDF links

I am using the Chromium browser from the repository (v4.0.249) and xpdf as my PDF reader. xpdf launches fine from Firefox and Opera when clicking a PDF link in a website. Before I had Chromium set as my default browser Chromium would actually launch Firefox(!) and then FF would load the PDF document into xpdf. That in itself is strange. Now that I have Chromium set as my default browser (using "export BROWSER=/usr/bin/chromium" in ~/.bash_profile) when I click a PDF link Chromium opens a new tab and gives me this error:

This webpage is not found.

No webpage was found for the web address: file:///home/larry/Downloads/Hardware

The Downloads directory is where all my downloads go. Any ideas on how to set up Chromium to use xpdf properly would be greatly appreciated. I went to the Chromium forum and there was a similar query with no response as of yet.

Philosophy is looking for a black cat in a dark room. Metaphysics is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there. Religion is looking for a black cat in a dark room that isn't there and shouting "I found it!". Science is looking for a black cat in a dark room with a flashlight.

#2 2010-01-01 00:39:49

R00KIE
Forum Fellow

Re: Strange behaviour in Chromium browser with PDF links

Works for me™
Do PDFs open in the right app if you open them with 'xdg-open path/to/pdf/file' ?

Edit:
I forgot to mention that I haven't set any "special" environment variables before using chromium.

Last edited by R00KIE (2010-01-01 00:41:03)

R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K

Board footer