You are not logged in.

#1 2009-10-12 23:11:51

andr3as

OpenCV 2.0 PKGBUILD

Today I noticed the release of OpenCV 2.0 and saw that the official opencv package in extra is outdated orphaned.
As I like to try the new C++ interface I wrote a PKGBUILD and like to share it here:

# Contributor: Andreas Muetzel
# (based on the opencv-beta PKGBUILD on the AUR by Juan Diego Tascon)

pkgname=opencv
pkgver=2.0.0
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Collection of algorithms, documentation and sample code for real time computer vision."
url="http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencvlibrary"
license=("BSD")
arch=(i686 x86_64)
conflicts=('opencv-svn' 'opencv-beta')
provides=()
options=(!libtool)

source=(http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/opencvlibrary/OpenCV-${pkgver}.tar.bz2)
md5sums=('ed27520514baacc5edad7b06ad24130e')

depends=('jasper' 'gstreamer0.10' 'xine-lib' 'libdc1394' 'unicap' 'libv4l' 'swig' 'python')
makedepends=('cmake')

build() {
    cd $srcdir/OpenCV-${pkgver}
    cmake -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RELEASE -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -D BUILD_PYTHON_SUPPORT=ON . || return 1
    make || return 1
    make DESTDIR=$pkgdir install || return 1

install -d -m755 $pkgdir/usr/share/licenses/$pkgname
    install -m644 $srcdir/OpenCV-${pkgver}/doc/license.txt $pkgdir/usr/share/licenses/$pkgname
}

I couldn't find a way to submit this on the package page so I hope this forum is the right place to post this ;-)
Greets

#2 2009-10-12 23:23:29

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: OpenCV 2.0 PKGBUILD

You can't submit a package to the repos, only to the AUR. I suggest submitting this as an opencv2.0 package to the AUR, you can orphan it once [extra] catches up.

Also, if you're in the ML, you can ask whether the devs would be interested in your PKGBUILD. Doesn't look too complicated though, so perhaps not.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2009-12-30 05:21:53

alexmatos

andr3as wrote:

Today I noticed the release of OpenCV 2.0 and saw that the official opencv package in extra is outdated orphaned.
As I like to try the new C++ interface I wrote a PKGBUILD and like to share it here:

# Contributor: Andreas Muetzel
# (based on the opencv-beta PKGBUILD on the AUR by Juan Diego Tascon)

pkgname=opencv
pkgver=2.0.0
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Collection of algorithms, documentation and sample code for real time computer vision."
url="http://sourceforge.net/projects/opencvlibrary"
license=("BSD")
arch=(i686 x86_64)
conflicts=('opencv-svn' 'opencv-beta')
provides=()
options=(!libtool)

source=(http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/opencvlibrary/OpenCV-${pkgver}.tar.bz2)
md5sums=('ed27520514baacc5edad7b06ad24130e')

depends=('jasper' 'gstreamer0.10' 'xine-lib' 'libdc1394' 'unicap' 'libv4l' 'swig' 'python')
makedepends=('cmake')

build() {
    cd $srcdir/OpenCV-${pkgver}
    cmake -D CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=RELEASE -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr -D BUILD_PYTHON_SUPPORT=ON . || return 1
    make || return 1
    make DESTDIR=$pkgdir install || return 1

install -d -m755 $pkgdir/usr/share/licenses/$pkgname
    install -m644 $srcdir/OpenCV-${pkgver}/doc/license.txt $pkgdir/usr/share/licenses/$pkgname
}

I couldn't find a way to submit this on the package page so I hope this forum is the right place to post this ;-)
Greets

Thanks! I was about to do my own PKGBUILD, you saved me a lot of work!

I'm just curious: why isn't 2.0 in [extra] yet? It's been like two months it's been released.

EDIT: I'm sorry I was so stupid, I just saw opencv 2.0 in [extra].

Last edited by alexmatos (2009-12-30 05:26:29)

#4 2009-12-31 01:21:12

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

alexmatos wrote:

I'm just curious: why isn't 2.0 in [extra] yet? It's been like two months it's been released.

Yes, if you notice, this thread is also 2 months old smile

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#5 2009-12-31 02:33:58

alexmatos

ngoonee wrote:
alexmatos wrote:

I guess you can say I'm still living in October. Shame on me! lol

#6 2010-01-01 01:41:00

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

alexmatos wrote:
ngoonee wrote:
alexmatos wrote:

I guess you can say I'm still living in October. Shame on me! lol

Dude, you're from the past DECADE =p

Board footer