You are not logged in.

#1 2009-12-31 19:11:05

CPUnltd
Website

ArchMobile on what platforms?

Didn't see a thread listing what platforms ArchMobile has been used or attempted on, so I figured I'd start one and hope people would post their experiences with it.  I am considering trying it on a platform soon to come out, but wanted to see how widespread it has become up to this point (if at all)

Help grow the dev population... have your tech trained and certified!

#2 2010-01-01 14:19:21

rott_at

Re: ArchMobile on what platforms?

We managed to run ArchMobile on the Openmoko NeoFreerunner, the n810 and n800, the beagleboard and the sheevaplug. This are all devices i know about.

But AM can run on any ARM-based device.

#3 2010-01-01 21:34:33

CPUnltd
Website

how well did you get it to run on the beagleboard?  (I ask because I am looking into getting a device built off this and am interested in starting a movement to get a good amount of support for Arch on this device (by support, I mean hardware compatibility, not end user help.... yet tongue ...that distinction probably wasn't necessary, but just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page)

Also, is there a list of any programs that won't compile (as of yet) for AM on ARM?  if there isn't, it would be nice to have one started (and be able to eliminate as they are taken care of)... unless there is a category in a bug fixer here (which I honestly haven't checked yet, so if I'm behind in the times, sorry tongue)

btw, first post of the new year! HNY everybody! big_smile

Last edited by CPUnltd (2010-01-01 21:35:58)

Help grow the dev population... have your tech trained and certified!

#4 2010-01-02 11:59:28

rott_at

CPUnltd wrote:

how well did you get it to run on the beagleboard?  (I ask because I am looking into getting a device built off this and am interested in starting a movement to get a good amount of support for Arch on this device (by support, I mean hardware compatibility, not end user help.... yet tongue ...that distinction probably wasn't necessary, but just wanted to make sure we were all on the same page)

Also, is there a list of any programs that won't compile (as of yet) for AM on ARM?  if there isn't, it would be nice to have one started (and be able to eliminate as they are taken care of)... unless there is a category in a bug fixer here (which I honestly haven't checked yet, so if I'm behind in the times, sorry tongue)

I think someone installed the base system without X and stuff, but it shouldn't make any problems.

I don't know about such a list, but it would be hard to maintain. There are a few things that won't compile, e.g. flash. But i think mostly there is some replacement for it.

Board footer