You are not logged in.

#26 2009-12-19 09:41:07

Grimlock
Website

Re: Qt 4.6 Speed improvements

Pierre wrote:

Try setting e.g. Terminus font in Konsole on KDE 4.3.4 using Qt-4.6. That's some of the reasons we cannot pur Qt-4.6 into extra or testing.

Can You pleas give some more info on the breakage, as I'm using Terminus in my Konsole running Qt 4.6 (a build provided by You and thank You for that). But I would also like to point out that my box has a tendency to being stable. I have some friends using only the stable repos encountering errors while I'm successfully running arch on testing (using a similar software combination). I would like to help You out (but sadly I have never done any KDE development only pure Qt projects).

Are there any KDE 4.4 packages for Arch?

Last edited by Grimlock (2009-12-19 09:55:03)

#27 2010-01-03 23:28:56

pedepy

Re: Qt 4.6 Speed improvements

nfm wrote:
Vamp898 wrote:

that amazes me. Im using KDE 4.3.4 and its really fast and needs only about 300mb of memory. I dont know if its beceause my settings or KDE but here KDE runs fast. But im wondering if it goes faster with Qt 4.6

It depends what you call fast, 300Mb for DE is ridiculous. I only installed kde-base and kde theme and I'm getting about 160Mb after a boot on x86_64, way too much if you would ask me. GTK apps run much snappier within KDE. I just prefer wine and good Win32 apps such as foobar2000. A fast DE is XP and Win32 API. Most of FOSS graphical based app are slow and unoptimized, partly do to crappy mesa3d state and Xorg's exa still being in stone age.

?

you can't compare ressource usage of a desktop environment thats almost ten years old vs one thats not even two; if it should please you, why don't you use windows 98? it should only require 16 mb of ram. isnt that what you want ??..

ridiculous.....

chupocabra ... psupsuspsu psu psu

Board footer