You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-06 19:05:29

d3adfool
Website

firefox-pgo 3.5.7

im clearly missing something simple but when it opens firefox to test it i get an error:

Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://projects.gnome.org/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did
not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.)

and everything times out then it just recompiles. i have firefox closed and reinstalled orbit2 but it still gave this

#2 2010-01-06 19:20:44

drcouzelis
Website

Re: firefox-pgo 3.5.7

You have compiled firefox-pgo on your computer before, right? You're just having a problem compiling the update from last night? Mine did compile and install without a problem.

I'm sorry, I don't have much for suggestions. A search on Google hints that it might have something to do with root user. Are you making the package as root? Are there any firefox settings in the root home directory? If there is, trying deleting them. Consider creating a "fresh" new using and building firefox-pgo as that new user. (in other words, remove all gconf and firefox settings before compiling)

Board footer