You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-07 07:05:11

Chance

Gnome + Openbox + Transparency

I'm using openbox as my window manager in Gnome. I've installed xcompmgr + transset and i have xcompgr on startup by adding it to Startup Applications.

However, I can't figure out how to have transset on startup for every window.

Thanks.

#2 2010-01-07 19:29:35

Miche

Re: Gnome + Openbox + Transparency

Chance wrote:

.. have transset on startup for every window.

what do you mean exactly? you want windows to be created with a certain rate of opacity or you just want be able to change windows opacity quickly or automaticly?

take a look here: you can create a key binding in your openbox rc.xml file to change opacity by scrolling with your mouse, or launch xcompmgr with the option to do it by itself.

hope it helped smile

#3 2010-01-07 20:17:30

Chance

Re: Gnome + Openbox + Transparency

Miche wrote:
Chance wrote:

.. have transset on startup for every window.

what do you mean exactly? you want windows to be created with a certain rate of opacity or you just want be able to change windows opacity quickly or automaticly?

take a look here: you can create a key binding in your openbox rc.xml file to change opacity by scrolling with your mouse, or launch xcompmgr with the option to do it by itself.

hope it helped smile

I meant to have transset load on startup so that whatever window there are on my screen will have transparency. I don't want to have to change it myself everytime a new window opens. I tried having 'transset 0.65 &' in my ~/.xinitrc, as well as having 'transset 0.65' in my 'Startup Applications' under Gnome-> Preferences. Both don't work.

Board footer