You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-08 01:20:00

laptopbattery
Website

Can't switch dual graphics cards

I have a ThinkPad T series laptop,but it has two graphics cards inside.One is ATI,the another is Intel.When I use win vista,I can switch them on Lenovo power manager software.Now,I use Linux and close the Intel graphics card in BIOS.It works well.But if I want to switch them,how can I do?:(

I'm an experienced writer and seller of the Laptop battery charger. I have an interest in laptop especially laptop battery. If you need laptop battery, welcome to choose!

#2 2010-01-08 20:26:48

litemotiv
Forum Fellow

Re: Can't switch dual graphics cards

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

#3 2010-01-09 02:45:42

laptopbattery
Website

Thank you for help.I have read it carefully about "How do switchable graphics look like low level?"
In fact,I can switch dual video cards in BIOS,but I want to know whether there are software like Lenovo power manager software can help me control them easily.

I'm an experienced writer and seller of the Laptop battery charger. I have an interest in laptop especially laptop battery. If you need laptop battery, welcome to choose!

#4 2010-01-09 11:36:33

litemotiv
Forum Fellow

laptopbattery wrote:

Thank you for help.I have read it carefully about "How do switchable graphics look like low level?"
In fact,I can switch dual video cards in BIOS,but I want to know whether there are software like Lenovo power manager software can help me control them easily.

if there is no linux software available from your lenovo support page then probably no. your laptop model is likely too much a niche-product for someone to have written an application like that.

your best bet in this case might be to check if the two vdeocards show up as separate hardware:

# lspci | grep VGA

if you get two entries returned you might be able to completely shutdown xorg, remove the old kernel module and modprobe the new one. if this works for you then you can write a small script to semi-automate the process.

ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Board footer