You are not logged in.

#1 2005-02-21 05:33:13

miqorz

Considering Re-doing KDE builds.

I'm in the process of rebuilding the entire KDE desktop (well the crap I use..) to get rid of some things *I* don't use.

Such as ESD (this thing is deprecated) Jack Audio (I don't need it..) And a few other things.. maybe even arts if I get around to it.

I might open a repo for those annoyed by these dependencies.

http://wiki2.archlinux.org/

Read it. Love it. Live it. Or die.

#2 2005-02-21 13:49:35

FUBAR
Website

Re: Considering Re-doing KDE builds.

Do you think you could make seperate packages for every program KDE has? I was looking for Kaboodle and other programs that come in one of the big groups of KDE but it seemed impossible to install just the program: I had to download and install kdemultimedia. sad

Same goes for Quanta. Those are just a few of the apps I can remember I wanted to use.

If I can be of any service, I'd like to help. smile

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation.

#3 2005-02-21 13:52:43

JGC
Developer

Would be nice for most apps, I usually only install kdebase, but my brother insists on using kmail, so I have to install the complete kdepim package sad

#4 2005-02-21 20:08:04

miqorz

Hmm I thought I had allready removed the esd and jack dependencies but after actually removing the packages k3b, kdelibs, arts and others refuse to compile due to trying to link to esd and jack..

I'm really not sure why that is happening at all.. If anyone has an idea why let me know.

I know they're not -real- dependencies of KDE products so this shouldn't be happening.

http://wiki2.archlinux.org/

Read it. Love it. Live it. Or die.

Board footer