You are not logged in.

#1 2002-11-02 23:07:50

sinbsd

Archlinux promotion

I'm wondering if anyone wants to work with me on promoting this OS a little? I'm looking for ideas on how to get Archlinux a little more publicly known. It is so far definitely my favourite and i'd like to do what i can to get things moving here in the forums and possible for the creators as well.

Ideas? Thoughts?!

#2 2002-11-02 23:26:34

Arielext
Website

Re: Archlinux promotion

I think the best way is just to let it go as it is
Don't try to speed it up, the developers need their time to improve it even further. See mandrake for example, I theink to did the worng thing to promote themself as they did. Most of the "Madrake only" programs are full of bugs, cause the had to publish the new version cause the users "demanded" it.

apt-get install arch

#3 2002-11-03 00:01:32

sinbsd

That's a fair argument. I just wonder how the creators feel. They seem to have asked several times why it isn't more popular..

Well?

Creators?

#4 2002-11-03 03:46:21

mordantly
Website

a number of people have heard or / and or tried Arch that r exterior to the Archers band. now how they heard of it can be debated, but all one needs to do is say tell there buddies that want to try linux or run a lame distro to try Arch. thenif the person(s) wants to pursue they will. but one of my peeves is when, say religions, businesses try to 'promote' their product through solicitation. like coming to ur door and trying to force it one u or when u by a product they offer the 'special' and keep pimpin the shit in hopes ull give in. that is lame. if one has a need or interest, im confident they can go find it unless the item is unknown. in short, get the word out, and tell people to try Arch and give some good points, relate to them, etc then back off and let nature take its cource.

try to be a man and some day, you'll understand   -ccr
oh dont u worry.. ill be eating ur balls fur lunch tomorrow.   -Hugh "HughMan" Stahl
MoRdAnTlY [Mr. Wolf '91 - '11]

Board footer