You are not logged in.

#1 2010-01-19 10:40:12

pabloski

My pc doesn't suspend to ram

Hi, I've assembled a new pc with the latest whistles and bells ( i5 750, p55 motherboard, etc... ). I've installed arch on it and it works very well, except the graphics card ( an ati radeon hd 5770 ) that isn't officially supported by the free nor the catalyst drivers.

However I've successfully downgrade xorg-server and installed the catalysts, so I have 3d acceleration, etc... but the drivers display a "hardware not supported" warning. But the problem is that the pc doesn't suspend to ram at all. Is it possible the problem lies in the graphics drivers/card?

#2 2010-01-19 11:24:53

Ramses de Norre

Re: My pc doesn't suspend to ram

You have to supply more info, how are you trying to suspend? Pm-utils? Have you modified any config files? Did you go through any guide for setting up suspend? If you didn't, I suggest you carefully read this wiki article and rapport on the results. Also include /var/log/pm.log and /var/log/pm-suspend.log.

#3 2010-01-19 13:46:53

na12

Yes,it is catalyst problem,when i installed open driver,suspend start working normaly.

#4 2010-01-19 14:19:59

pabloski

Ramses de Norre wrote:

You have to supply more info, how are you trying to suspend? Pm-utils? Have you modified any config files? Did you go through any guide for setting up suspend? If you didn't, I suggest you carefully read this wiki article and rapport on the results. Also include /var/log/pm.log and /var/log/pm-suspend.log.

yes, I have installed pm-utils and made all the basic configurations ( give the normal user  rights to use pm-suspend, etc... )

however when I try to suspend I see it suspend networking and all other subsystems but not the screen....after 3-4 seconds it reactivates all the subsystems

the pm-suspend.log file says

disabled, not active

/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/98smart-kernel-video resume suspend: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/95led resume suspend: not applicable.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/94cpufreq resume suspend: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/90clock resume suspend: not applicable.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/75modules resume suspend: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/55NetworkManager resume suspend: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/49bluetooth resume suspend: not applicable.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/11netcfg resume suspend: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/01grub resume suspend: not applicable.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/00powersave resume suspend: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/00logging resume suspend: success.
/usr/lib/pm-utils/sleep.d/00auto-quirk resume suspend: success.
Tue Jan 19 15:14:52 CET 2010: Finished.

Board footer