You are not logged in.

#1 2005-02-22 13:41:04

anadyr

kernel sources

hey people,

Is it possible that I can get the kernel source tree which has been used to build the kernel26-scsi kernel? I have to install a small program which requires this... (cisco vpn client)
see: http://www.ic.uva.nl/uvavpn/object.cfm/ … nload=true
page 23 last paragraph it says: You must use the same copy of the kernel source that was used to build the kernel you are running.
Now I don.t have this, and compilation of the vpn client fails because of this.

Anyways, possible solution is to compile my own kernel. I have been compiling kernels for a long time on slackware, but the kernel26-scsi is far superior to the ones I.ve built, haha... so is it possible to see what options have been "Y" and "N" and "M" on the kernel26-scsi version that is shipped? that would help me build a better kernel!

thanks
rogier

#2 2005-02-22 14:26:17

FUBAR
Website

Re: kernel sources

Check /usr/src/ to see if there's a directory for the Arch kernel.
Then copy the .config file from that dir to the directory containing the 2.6.* vanilla tree and get the compilation process going. This way you compile kernel with the same settings as the "original" SCSI kernel from Arch.

A bus station is where a bus stops.
A train station is where a train stops.
On my desk I have a workstation.

#3 2005-02-22 15:49:10

lucke

My two cents:

Sources are installed together with kernel package, I guess all you need it is to create 'linux' symlink (ln -s /usr/src/linux-2.6something /usr/src/linux) to make that prog compile properly.

As for config: it should be in /boot/, named something like kconfig26.

#4 2005-02-23 02:44:33

sarah31
Website

if you really need to recompile then you could just use abs to do it but edit the config file first. There is a wiki about compiling custom kernels with ABS ... at least i think so.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#5 2005-03-02 22:08:10

anadyr

my problem was more serious than I thought... had to patch the Cisco code, and then edit it by hand again... it was not the kernels fault smile
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions … perpage=15

thanks anyways...

Board footer