You are not logged in.

#26 2005-01-12 09:11:49

jw

Re: Internal Arch repository?

That's exactly what I was looking for. Will try it next time i have my laptop with me. thanks for the help!

#27 2005-02-12 15:00:35

jw

Ok, tried "pacman -Sw" but there is one prob: it does nothing! You need to give it a pakagelist for it to work. So, i wrote a small workaround script:

#!/bin/bash

#set list separator to newline only
IFS=$'n'

#construct pakagelist
pakagelist="$(pacman -Syl|sed -e '/::/d' -e 's/current //g' -e 's/extra //g' -e 's/ .*$//g')"

#download pakages
pacman -Sw $pakagelist

Now, apart from the fact that bash does not really like passing 17xx command-line argument to pacman, this still does not work! Pacman errors out on me with:

error: cannot resolve dependencies for "autorespond":
       "qmail" is not in the package set

In this instance "autorespond" requires a non-resolvable dependency "qmail". I really like arch, but let's face it: it is not the most stable distro out there, so stuff like this will happen.

Sohooo, this method of updating seems not to work too well. Yet. Can anybody tell me if I am missing something? Isn't there a placeholder to use like:

> pacman -Sw all

#28 2005-02-12 15:20:54

jw

ok, got the script working by disabling dependencies. here's the code for future reference:

#!/bin/bash

IFS=$'n'

#construct pakagelist
pakagelist="$(pacman -Syl|sed -e '/::/d' -e 's/^current //g' -e 's/^extra //g' -e 's/ .*$//g')"

#download pakages
pacman -Sdw $pakagelist

still, if someone can tell me an easier way i'd be much obliged. should i submit a feature request asking to create a package groups like "all", or: "current" and "extra"?

#29 2005-02-13 20:56:57

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

jw wrote:
error: cannot resolve dependencies for "autorespond":
       "qmail" is not in the package set

qmail isn't allowed to be packaged, so we created a qmail-installer.

But I question why you want to use pacman to download all of those packages.  Why not use rsync or ftp?

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#30 2005-02-25 09:53:22

jw

Well, as I wrote in a post above, there are quite a few mirrors that keep multiple versions of packages. For example, have a look at

ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/metalab/distribu … t/os/i686/

or

ftp://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/pub/linux/suns … t/os/i686/

I do not know why this is, but as I do not care to download and keep several versions of a package, I was looking for a different solution.

By now I've found the belnet mirror though, which is quite fast and only has one version of each package. So I guess I will be r-sync'ing again from now on..

Board footer