You are not logged in.

#1 2009-11-25 09:26:29

b1

bug in webmin? / install_mod.cgi missing

Hello everyone

At first thanks for the great Arch experience! I really enjoy working with this great distribution.

However today i ran into a problem concerning the webmin package. After installing and starting it, all went fine, until I tried to install an additional module (squidguard-module). Webmin just showed file not found. After looking into the /var/log/webmin/miniserv.log it showed the error /webmin/install_mod.cgi : File not found.
After doing a locate install_mod.cgi it showed up nothing. A manual search in /opt/webmin/webmin for a similar named module failed too.
Is this module simply missing in the package or have I missed something? In case it is really missing, how could I write a bug-report? Is there any tutorial, since I have never filled a bug report before.

Greetings and thank in advance

b1

Last edited by b1 (2010-01-29 16:23:31)

#2 2009-11-30 12:32:45

b1

Re: bug in webmin? / install_mod.cgi missing

Ok, I tried downgrading the package, as described in the downgrade faq, however the install_mod was still missing. After that I tried to install it from source and install_mod was suddenly there and I can install modules. However now some other modules are crashing, since they are expecting directories like /etc/init.d/...
How can I report this bug? Or is install_mod intentionally missing?

Thanks in advance

#3 2009-12-03 14:36:16

b1

Still I haven`t found a solution and neither an answer^^...
Am I posting this in the wrong subforum, or how can I contact the package maintainer?

Greetings

#4 2010-01-25 16:37:22

nicoalas

Hi , if you go in the PKBUILDS you will have this line .....

# remove modules add because we don't want files installed without pacman control
  rm -f webmin/{install_mod.cgi,delete_mod.cgi} 

So this functionaly has been disable ...

#5 2010-01-26 19:57:10

b1

AHH, I see...
Thank you very much! I had almost lost all hope to resolve this issue... But now... I simply hadn`t thought of looking through the PKGBUILD...
Thank You!

#6 2010-01-28 17:26:59

lgwapnitsky

This is great info...I've been banging my head on this for a while, but have been too lazy to look it up.

BTW - why do they list so many modules as unsupported when they usually work on a Webmin installation?

rm -rf {bacula-backup,ldap-useradmin,mon,sentry,frox,jabber,majordomo,qmail,sendmail,sarg,wuf\
tpd,webalizer,inetd,ipsec,pap,pptp-client,pptp-server,shorewall,smart-status,vgetty,heartbeat,c\
fengine,cpan,sgiexports,hpuxexports,qmailadmin,bsdexports,dfsadmin}

Board footer