You are not logged in.

#1 2005-02-28 03:50:11

VLegacy

DCOP and pacman errors

I've been having a problem with DCOP lately. When I try to run KDE apps such as k3b or konqueror with kdesu from the application launcher (Alt+F2), after I enter the root password as promted, nothing happens. When I try to run the same programs as root from konsole, I receive these messages:

# konqueror
ICE Connection rejected!

DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed
ICE Connection rejected!

DCOPClient::attachInternal. Attach failed Authentication Rejected, reason : None of the authentication protocols specified are supported and host-based authentication failed
DCOPServer self-test failed.
kdeinit: DCOPServer could not be started, aborting.

and this window pops up. After I hit "OK", Konqueror does start up, but it doesn't look or behave properly.

The window that popped up suggested that I check to see if "dcopserver" is running. Can do, says I:

# ps -e | grep dcop
10346 ?        00:00:00 dcopserver

So it seems like dcopserver is running after all.

As for the pacman errors mentioned in the title, I encountered them while trying to reinstall libpng after reading this thread. Here's the problem:

[root@arch-box ~]# pacman -S libpng
:: libpng-1.2.8-1: is up to date.  Upgrade anyway? [Y/n] y

Targets: libpng-1.2.8-1

Total Package Size:   0.4 MB

Proceed with upgrade? [Y/n] y

checking package integrity... done.
loading package data... load_pkg: missing package name in /var/cache/pacman/pkg/libpng-1.2.8-1.pkg.tar.gz.

The same thing happened when I tried to reinstall k3b. Running 'pacman -Scc' didn't help. I don't know if this error is related to the first one or not, but I thought I'd better mention it just in case.

Any help would be much appreciated.

#2 2005-02-28 12:17:16

T-Dawg
Forum Fellow

Re: DCOP and pacman errors

Ive tried to clear the cached in pacman too and it didn't work for me either. Maybe you could try deleting them maually, then adjust the default servers in the config files in /etc/pacman.d/ until you get the correct package?

#3 2005-02-28 19:01:23

VLegacy

When I ran 'pacman -Scc', the packages were removed, it just didn't fix the problem. I'll try using a different server later on when I have some time.

#4 2005-03-01 01:05:23

VLegacy

Well, this is rather anticlimactic. Nothing relevant has been changed as far as I can think of, but I'm not having problems running programs as root or using pacman anymore. I'll update this thread if the problems recur.

Board footer