You are not logged in.

#1 2003-09-16 09:52:33

yowwww

pacman.conf.pacsave etc?

I recently upgraded my system to the newer packages and I noticed some messages when I did this. The pacman.conf.save as well as rc.local.pacsave and a few others were listed as being created. What wasn't clear was what I am supposed to do with these multiple files.

I noticed that the pacman.conf file was actually different than my original as the IGNOREPKG line was commented whereas I had mine commented out.

So, can this be clarified? Perhaps even a list of the files that typically get replaced and what users are supposed to do with them.

Thanks in advance.

#2 2003-09-16 12:15:29

Toth

Re: pacman.conf.pacsave etc?

Anything with a .pacsave extension is a configuration file that has been backed up. Your previous pacman.conf file was moved to /etc/pacman.conf.pacsave and the new file from the new package was placed in as /etc/pacman.conf.

To prevent that from happening, add etc/pacman.conf to one of the NoUpgrade lines in pacman.conf. Then the next time pacman is upgraded, your original config will be preserved and the new file will be saved as /etc/pacman.conf.pacnew.

#3 2003-09-16 12:57:56

dp
Website

is there a way to add the whole /etc to a NoUpgrade the easy way? just adding /etc means only the dir, right?

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#4 2003-09-16 17:42:09

apeiro
Daddy
Website

We'll probably be adding an UpgradeConfigs option to pacman.conf that would do just that.

#5 2003-09-21 09:36:35

yowwww

thanks for the responses, that helps to clarify things.

while adding etc/pacman.conf and the other files to the noupgrade lines would work and is a good idea, it is rather tedious and annoying to try to keep up with all the files that would fit into that category.

a new method as was mentioned would definitely be easier.  smile

Board footer