You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-07 07:44:29

viruzeno

[SOLVED] ARCH Install Freezes While making fallback image

Hi,

I am having some issues install arch on my desktop, the install is freezing while generating the 'fallback' image, this makes no sense to me as it has just compiled the main image, and should be the exact same.

I have run memtest x86 on each stick of ram (one at a time, and both in at the same time) with no errors.
I have tried both the X86_64 and the i686 both on CD and USB, and the install froze during the fallback kernel every time.

I am using the 2009.08 versions. and have downloaded the images from both mirror.internode and the main arch website link.
I have tried Zero filling the hard-drive with seatool, and it has passed a S.M.A.R.T HDD test (also on seatools)

I am just about to try a different distro just to check. I had arch installed last week but something went incredibly wrong during the last update, so i chose to format it and start fresh.

Any ideas?

Last edited by viruzeno (2010-02-09 12:11:29)

-ViruZeno
This arch has super cow powers.

#2 2010-02-07 15:39:33

scar

Re: [SOLVED] ARCH Install Freezes While making fallback image

if you have installed from the cd as source, try it from a mirror

if you have tried the inverse, try the cd

(just a tip )

Last edited by scar (2010-02-07 15:40:53)

“The future has already arrived. It's just not evenly distributed yet.”
― William Gibson

#3 2010-02-09 12:10:37

viruzeno

Re: [SOLVED] ARCH Install Freezes While making fallback image

I have Worked out the problem. it seems my new blu-ray burner is having issues with linux, i need to track down a driver.
I disconnected the drive and the install finished fine. not too sure how it was causing the error.

-ViruZeno
This arch has super cow powers.

Board footer