You are not logged in.

#1 2005-03-01 03:09:28

TheHoff

Python / WxWindows problem?

Is anyone else having some kind of problem with WxWindows and/or python?  Both the BitTorrent client and Nicotine are immediately segfaulting on my machine upon startup.  I don't think it's a Python problem, but I have a feeling it has something to do with either WxWindows or the Python bindings.  In the meantime I'm going to figure out how to downgrade the Wx stuff.

My versions right now are:
extra/wxgtk 2.4.2-3
extra/wxpython 2.4.2.4-4

Oooo, one more thing.  When I download gtk2 2.6.2-1, it looks like it fails on the first couple sites when it downloads, then it finds one it likes but says it's corrupt when it's done.  Hmmmm?

I'm not sure the exactly when I did my last pacman -Syu, but it was pretty recently (and as of today, an Syu doesn't fix the Wx stuff).

-- John

#2 2005-03-01 12:20:29

zeppelin
Website

Re: Python / WxWindows problem?

the bittorent problem is known. I think it has to do with python2.4. In a bug report I saw that [at last] bittorent beta will be used [which is quite stable] and that one depends on PyGTK for GNU and Redmond OSes.

remove the gtk2 pkg *file* from /var/cache/pacman/pkg/ and re-download with pacman

#3 2005-03-02 02:40:26

TheHoff

Re: Python / WxWindows problem?

Ah, thanks much.  I'll download that.

Yeah, I actually tried deleting the file from the cache and it was still sad.  But it looks lke 2.6.3 was just commited and that seems to work.  Whatever.

-- John

Board footer