You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-10 17:32:35

panosk

kontact cannot start

One of the few remaining problems is that kontact cannot start. When I start it from the console, I get this error after a few seconds:

<unknown program name>(5608)/: Communication problem with  "kontact" , it probably crashed.
Error message was:  "org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply" : " "Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken." "

I know there is a post with the same problem, but the suggested solution

pacman -Sy kdepim-runtime
pacman -Sy kdepimlibs

doesn't work for me.

I also upgraded to the newest packages that were uploaded a few minutes ago but to no avail....

EDIT: It seems the culprit is Akonadi. Initially, I was using a MySQL database on an external server. The server starts fine, but kontact gives me the above error message. If I switch in the internal MySQL server, kontact attempts to start akonadi, but it can't make it. Also, akonadi cannot start manually either....what a mess.

Last edited by panosk (2010-02-10 18:23:38)

#2 2010-02-12 12:14:10

ungoliant

Re: kontact cannot start

I'm also having same problem since kde 4.4 upgrade, opened a thread couple days ago.
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=90744

#3 2010-02-12 12:16:22

ungoliant

Re: kontact cannot start

panosk wrote:

EDIT: It seems the culprit is Akonadi. Initially, I was using a MySQL database on an external server. The server starts fine, but kontact gives me the above error message. If I switch in the internal MySQL server, kontact attempts to start akonadi, but it can't make it. Also, akonadi cannot start manually either....what a mess.

I don't know if It has anything to do, but I use a external google calendar that I have synced with Kontact, its probably the same issue as yours.

Board footer