You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-11 10:38:10

orschiro
Website

[apvlv] several problems

Hello guys,

I'm trying to customize apvlv to fit my needs but still have some open questions. Perhaps there are some apvlv users here that might help me. smile

1) How can I select text and copy it to clipboard? I tried to select a text snippet by line with the mouse but there seems to be no grid. And right click -> copy to clipboard does not work here either.

2) Sometimes I open a pdf directly out from firefox with the result that the pdf is stored in /tmp. Is there any way to have a form of completion like in bash? That means I type :w and then can direct with tab completion into the directory I want to save the pdf.

3) I'd like to set the default zoom to fit width so I edited the ~/.apvlvrc to look like the following but it isn't working.

set zoom=fitwidth

That's it. Hope I get some working solutions.  smile

Best regards

orschiro

#2 2010-02-13 08:18:30

orschiro
Website

Re: [apvlv] several problems

Anyone?

#3 2010-02-13 09:07:12

lustikus

I don't use vim or apvlv but perhaps this thread might help you regarding your first problem:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=89677

#4 2010-02-13 09:10:00

TaylanUB

apvlv stands for "Alf's PDF Viewer Like Vim", for those who didn't know. I don't think it's very popular at the moment.

"Copy to clipboard" seems to take the whole page ... sometimes.

You'll probably have to wait for further versions for stuff like tab completion. Currently even the long forms of the commands don't work (e.g. there's no such command as 'quit'; only 'q' works).

The zoom option not working is probably a bug; it's in the default/example config, commented, and uncommenting does nothing.

Mind you apvlv is version "0.0.9". big_smile But it's already my default PDF viewer, and will sure be more popular between vi lovers after some more development...

``Common sense is nothing more than a deposit of prejudices laid down by the mind before you reach eighteen.''
~ Albert Einstein

#5 2010-02-13 10:23:34

orschiro
Website

Hello guys,

thank you for your answers. I'll write the developers an email with my suggestions and problems. Perhaps they could implement them in any further release. smile

Board footer