You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-12 00:27:14

keripix
Website

Strange behaviours with KDE 4.4

Hi guyz...this post is actually related to the http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=90802

OK...im using a freshly installed arch linux with KDE 4.4. I have some problems since then.

When i start QtCretor and QtAssistant from the launcher, it takes a long time and uses a lot of cpu. However when i start it from konsole, its quick.

Sometime, my X uses a lot of CPU, and its up to 30%. Its doing that for a long time too. And I'm not sure when and why it does that.

Is there any configuration that i must be awared of?

'I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been.'
--Wayne Gretzky--

#2 2010-02-12 00:50:13

Zack89

Re: Strange behaviours with KDE 4.4

Using a stock configuration there shouldnt be issues.. With QtCretor and Assistant.. are you launching the gui from Konsole or using the cli of those apps?

Registered User number: 496613. Show your Tux Pride!
http://counter.li.org

#3 2010-02-12 01:06:05

keripix
Website

Zack89 wrote:

Using a stock configuration there shouldnt be issues.. With QtCretor and Assistant.. are you launching the gui from Konsole or using the cli of those apps?

the problems occur when i launch it from kickoff (thats the name right?) But when i launch the GUI from konsole (for example executing "qtcreator" from konsole), it goes quick and doesnt consume a lot of CPU.

I asked a friend of mine, who is using KDE 4.4. His KDE 4.4 is fine.

--Wayne Gretzky--

#4 2010-02-12 02:01:06

keripix
Website

Ok...this is very strange....Im not a native speaker, but i'll try to explain this in the best way possible

the X's CPU consumption goes high when, after i click the arrow thing on system tray (to show hidden icons), then i close it again (hiding the icon). At this moment, X consumes a lot of CPU.

But when i open it again (showing the hidden icons), it goes normal.

So, whenever after i open the sytem tray, every time i close it, cpu usage by X goes high. but when i open in, it goes down.

well....should i actually reinstall KDE?

--Wayne Gretzky--

#5 2010-02-15 13:28:53

Chiil

The same issue here... Also if I start it from the console. There is a error message which says:

Full Text Search, could not properly close index writer.

#6 2010-02-15 16:23:19

keripix
Website

For the QtCreator's problem where it loaded in a long time, i thinks its indexing its document. Im not sure why its doing it long...but when its finished doing that, and than you start QtCreator the next time, it should load up quickly.

For the X problem..i reinstalled my KDE and Qt. now its normal.

--Wayne Gretzky--

Board footer