You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-15 22:08:46

oc999

i8krellm on dell

hi,
I  am having a hard time getting i8krellm to work in arch. i looked in the wiki and searched the forum here but haven't found anything.
i found the package in AUR , downloaded it and tried to make it with the PKGBUILD. since the link was down I edited it and added a mirror for it which worked fine - the tar.gz file could be downloaded. the problem starts when trying to compile it. i've used -s to check for dependencies. I tried doing it with my user account ( using fakeroot ) and as root but both give me the same error while compiling.
I dont know if it makes any sense to post the error since its in german but i'll give it a try hopefully someone knows what to do about it :

i8krellm.c:1492: Warnung: (nahe der Initialisierung für »plugin_mon«)
i8krellm.c:1493: Warnung: Elementüberschreitung in struct-Initialisierung
i8krellm.c:1493: Warnung: (nahe der Initialisierung für »plugin_mon«)
i8krellm.c:1494: Warnung: Elementüberschreitung in struct-Initialisierung
i8krellm.c:1494: Warnung: (nahe der Initialisierung für »plugin_mon«)
i8krellm.c:1495: Warnung: Elementüberschreitung in struct-Initialisierung
i8krellm.c:1495: Warnung: (nahe der Initialisierung für »plugin_mon«)
i8krellm.c:1496: Warnung: Elementüberschreitung in struct-Initialisierung
i8krellm.c:1496: Warnung: (nahe der Initialisierung für »plugin_mon«)
i8krellm.c:1497: Warnung: Elementüberschreitung in struct-Initialisierung
i8krellm.c:1497: Warnung: (nahe der Initialisierung für »plugin_mon«)
i8krellm.c:1498: Warnung: Elementüberschreitung in struct-Initialisierung
i8krellm.c:1498: Warnung: (nahe der Initialisierung für »plugin_mon«)
i8krellm.c:1500: Warnung: Elementüberschreitung in struct-Initialisierung
i8krellm.c:1500: Warnung: (nahe der Initialisierung für »plugin_mon«)
i8krellm.c: In Funktion »gkrellm_init_plugin«:
i8krellm.c:1505: Fehler: »_i8k_styleid« nicht deklariert (erste Benutzung in dieser Funktion)
i8krellm.c:1505: Warnung: Implizite Deklaration der Funktion »gkrellm_add_meter_style«
make: *** [i8krellm.o] Fehler 1
==> FEHLER: Build fehlgeschlagen.
    Breche ab ...

this is not the complete warning since first its all I could copy ( terminal was too small smile ) and second I didnt think it would really help posting 200+ lines with repeating errors.
I think the relevant part of this is the last one ... error 1 on i8krellm.o
since I'm a total newbie to arch and I think it could be a package need for compiling is missing ( when i first tried i realized i didnt have make installed )  I'll also add that I have only installed make and gcc to do that job. dont really know if thats enough and searching the wiki for "make" is kinda ... well didnt really work out big_smile
well if anyone knows what to do about it would be great since i really need this package to control my fans ( overheating problems ).
thanks in advance!

Board footer