You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-16 20:34:33

pterosaurus

problems with libjpeg and libpng after upgrade

Hi everyone,

I recently did a full system upgrade and now a great amount of programs requiring the old versions of libjpeg (libjpeg.so.7) and libpng (libpng.so.12) do not launch. Currently installed are 8.2 for libjpeg and 1.4 for libpng. I did ldconfig, checked on several mirrors, my mirror and system are up to date. Did pacman -Syu each time. I read the archnews of Jan 31st, if I remember well, saying the rebuilds for new versions of these two libs were done and moving from testing to core. My mirrors were updated less than 24 hours ago. I simply cannot use most common packages such as emacs, vim, xulrunner for firefox, and so on...
I use only packages from the repos (no AUR) and a few home-compiled softs.

Did I miss something ? I've been using Arch since october '09 and this never happened. Should I downgrade to the older versions of these libs ?

Please Help.

Regards.

#2 2010-02-16 20:41:42

grey

Re: problems with libjpeg and libpng after upgrade

pterosaurus wrote:

Should I downgrade to the older versions of these libs ?

No. The programs requiring the old versions of libjpeg and libpng are not up to date. Pick one and compare with what is listed on the arch home page.

Good ideas do not need lots of lies told about them in order to gain public acceptance.

#3 2010-02-16 20:42:01

pressh
Developer/TU

either your  mirror is not fully synced or you have some home-compiled software (like cairo?) that needs to be recompiled.

#4 2010-02-17 04:44:42

benoror
Website

Hey dude, I'm having a lot of torubles from my last upgrade too!

I installed libpng12 and libjpeg7 from AUR. Also I uninstalled cairo-lcd from AUR and then reinstalled the original extra/cairo package. That solve some things, but I'm still unable to run Docky and Nautilus doesn't show SVG icons.

Look at my post: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=91278

Good luck!

ArchLinux :: Awesome WM :: dotfiles

#5 2010-02-17 04:58:47

benoror
Website

I had the same problem, I just solve it, many thanks! (my post: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=91278)

ArchLinux :: Awesome WM :: dotfiles

Board footer