You are not logged in.
Alright, so I've totally screwed up!
I added some options in my xorg.conf file and now Gnome loads to an Endless Black Screen of Death. ![]()
The problem is, I have the gdm daemon set to start at boot, so the command line is bypassed and the computer boots straight to this wonderful Black Screen of Death! haha ![]()
Any idea how I can get my command line back so I can edit my xorg.conf file?
Last edited by trusktr (2010-02-20 11:53:31)
joe@trusktr.io - joe at true skater dot io.
Offline
reminds me of times when I run xorg without hal running first.
Offline
you access commandline (TTY) by pressing Ctrl-Alt-F1 to F6
Offline
haha yeah it's exactly like running xorg without HAL haha... except this time i enabled gdm without testing settings. ![]()
joe@trusktr.io - joe at true skater dot io.
Offline
Hey Syre, I tried ctrl-alt-f1 to f6 but nothing happens.
It seems to be frozen
joe@trusktr.io - joe at true skater dot io.
Offline
If you haven't resolved the problems, try chrooting to your Arch via LiveCd: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ker … nvironment
And repairing it from there, obviously.
Last edited by Primoz (2010-02-20 11:40:58)
Arch x86_64 ATI AMD APU KDE frameworks 5
---------------------------------
Whatever I do, I always end up with something horribly mis-configured.
Offline
Hehe i fixed the problem.
The easiest way is to add a '1' to the end of the 'kernel' line in GRUB when booting to boot into admin mode so the GUI doesn't load. I then fixed removed a setting I had added to xorg and everything was fine after reboot (or init 3).
Note: For anyone with the same problem, in Grub press 'e' then press 'e' again on the line that starts with 'kernel' to edit that line. then add a space and the number '1' at the end of the line. Press enter and then 'b' to boot into admin mode and fix your problem!
Just in case, i had to remove the line Options "ConnectedMonitor" "DFP" from my xorg.conf file. It's an option I had added that I found on the nvidia page in the ArchWiki.
Last edited by trusktr (2010-02-20 12:00:31)
joe@trusktr.io - joe at true skater dot io.
Offline