You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-15 20:02:33

snaky

Popupmenus won't appear until mouseover

Hi,
I'm running archlinux with 64 bit and GNOME as de. I'd like to use compiz as wm but unfortunately I'm experiencing a weird problem when activating it. When provoking a popupmenu for example by clicking on "Places" in the gnome panel or by a simple rightclick within my browser the popupmenu refuses to appear until hovering the mouse cursor over the area where the popupmenu should already have appeared beforehand. Everything else is working fine with compiz, but I suppose it's got to do something with it, since the problem does not occur when using metacity.

It might sound like a minor thing but this actually turns out to be REALLY annoying. For example in cases when you don't know where a menu is about to appear. Tooltips seem to be affected, too, which is a problem since those things disappear the moment you move the cursor again...

I'm running Ubuntu with compiz on another machine, where I exported the compiz plugin configuration settings and imported them on the affected machine. But the problem still occurs. Therefore I guess it's not due to a bad plugin configuration.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help in advance!

My machine: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+/GeForce 7600GT

#2 2010-02-17 10:08:10

snaky

Re: Popupmenus won't appear until mouseover

No idea? Anyone?

#3 2010-02-21 10:16:04

snaky

Re: Popupmenus won't appear until mouseover

snaky wrote:

I'm running Ubuntu with compiz on another machine, where I exported the compiz plugin configuration settings and imported them on the affected machine. But the problem still occurs. Therefore I guess it's not due to a bad plugin configuration.

Nah... I was wrong. The animation plugin wasn't enabled. Now I feel dumb wink Thanks for your attention nevertheless.

Board footer