You are not logged in.
Trying to install awn-bzr because it doesn't require a compositer. Never installed using bzr before... Here is my pathetic attempt... No laughing ![]()
tried
yaourt -S avant-window-navigator-bzr
failed because i wasn't logged into launchpad
so i tried logging on: bzr lp-login (myusername)
failed because I didn't have a ssh key.
so I followed the instructions and made one.
trying yaourt again fails
searched arch forums and tried bzr branch lp:awn
and got some weird results but I'm lost -_-.... no idea what to do next.
I'm doing everything wrong aren't I?
Last edited by Loafers (2010-02-24 06:59:42)
Offline
Can you please show the exact output? I'm sure you don't need a launchpad account to get the source.
I think I know what message you are talking about and from memory you just need to wait it out until the source has downloaded. It shouldn't stop you in any way.
![]()
Offline
Hi. Here it is: http://pastebin.com/jRri0e14
I think my problem begins on line 148, but I don't know how to fix.
Last edited by Loafers (2010-02-23 17:13:13)
Offline
the ssh thing on line 148 is pretty standard, and it's not an error. it looks like you should downgrade to vala-0.7.9
"You can watch for your administrator to install the latest kernel with watch uname -r" - From the watch man page
Offline
Maybe I'm missing something here but why is it trying to write to /root/.ssh/known_hosts if you are running makepkg as the user. Shouldn't only the install be done by root?
![]()
Offline
*smacks head*
works now... i downgraded vala and installed it as root.
thanks!
Offline