You are not logged in.

#1 2010-02-24 11:22:26

dcrabs

synaptics touchpad ignores configuration

Hi

I have a HP elitebook 2530p which works really well but I cannot configure the touchpad.  It is too sensitive so that the mouspointer starts flickering as soon as I have my fingers close to the surface. Tapping and two finger scrolling do not work either. In capabilities the string "input.touchpad" is also missing. Therefore, the append line. It would be great if anyone can help here.
Another question: shouldn't the encoding be utf8?
Thanks,
david

Here is my fdi-file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>                                                                                                 
<deviceinfo version="0.2">                                                                                                                  
  <device>                                                                                                                                  
    <match key="info.product" contains="SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad">                                                                        
    <append key="info.capabilities" type="strlist">input.touchpad</append>                                                                  
    </match>                                                                                                                                
    <match key="info.capabilities" contains="input.touchpad">                                                                               

<merge key="input.x11_driver" type="string">synaptics</merge>
      <merge key="input.x11_options.AlwaysCore" type="string">true</merge>
      <merge key="input.x11_options.MinSpeed" type="double">0.1</merge>
      <merge key="input.x11_options.MaxSpeed" type="double">0.4</merge>
      <merge key="input.x11_options.AccelFactor" type="double">0.0010</merge>

<merge key="input.x11_options.SHMConfig" type="string">on</merge>

<merge key="input.x11_options.TapButton1" type="string">1</merge>
      <merge key="input.x11_options.TapButton2" type="string">2</merge>
      <merge key="input.x11_options.TapButton3" type="string">3</merge>
      <merge key="input.x11_options.FastTaps" type="string">1</merge>

<merge key="input.x11_options.VerteScrollDelta" type="string">2</merge>
      <merge key="input.x11_options.VertTwoFingerScroll" type="string">true</merge>

</match>
  </device>
</deviceinfo>

#2 2010-02-24 12:16:21

zenlord
Website

Re: synaptics touchpad ignores configuration

IIRC I read somewhere that HAL has stopped returning a certain value, and it just might be the value you are using to tell HAL that this config has to be used. The following is something I have deduced myself a few months back - I had the same problem you are describing and I solved it like this:

Check the HAL-tools to get a listing of all HAL-detected devices and what values are returned by HAL. Then simply change the <match>-line to a key/value that is returned by HAL for your touchpad.

Looking at your .fdi, I'm not certain if using more than 1 <match> is necessary or even correct. If both those lines have to match (...AND...) before the config is applied, that might be causing your problem. If different <match>-lines are evaluated separately (...OR...), then it might be correct.

HTH

Board footer